KAVI Support Forum

Bad reaction/Applied too much

mars123

Hello,

I just started using the KAVI Salicylic Acid 15 Peel for about 3 weeks, however this morning when I was going to apply it for the 3rd time I think I may have put on too much for too long (roughly 60-70 seconds)

Normally it burns/turns red for 10-30 mins after washing off, but its night time now and I still have a fair few dark red/brown spots and some patches of redness that are a bit sore..

I'm just wondering what should I do now and how long it'll take to recover...:(

Thanks! :)

Take at least a two-week break from any further applications of Salicylic Acid 15 and keep your skin well-moisturized during the hiatus. To help keep irritation low, avoid permitting any areas you've exfoliated to come into direct contact with the sun and keep use of antiseborrheics to a minimum. When you do recommence application, limit the peel to 20 seconds and monitor your skin's response. It does sound like your ideal application time will be well under 60 seconds, perhaps closer to 30-35 seconds once your skin acclimates to the peel's intensity. You may also wish to move down to Salicylic Acid 8 when the time comes to re-order should you feel more comfortable with a milder peel.