KAVI Support Forum

acne system for my daughter

Guest Michael

Guest Michael

Hello: I purchased Your Acne System III today for my 17yr old daughters acne problem. Her acne issue is confined largely to the forehead area. She has tried Differen Gel and an oral Antibiotic (solodyn) as prescribed from her dermatologist. No change at all. I have read conflicting articles about sulphur use, namely, that it may cause acne to increase? Also, salycylic acid, are the results temporary and will my daughter have to continually use them? Does your kit come with complete instructions about use of your products and frequency of use? Also, there was no mention on the website about the kit being a recurring order/charge, is it? I am hoping for help for my daughter. She is a lovely girl and her acne really dampens her self-esteem.

Please find answers to your questions below:

"I have read conflicting articles about sulphur use, namely, that it may cause acne to increase?"

There are conflicting (and often erroneous) reports out on the web regarding the use of sulfur for acne, however rest assured that our sulfur preparations are highly effective in the treatment of acne for a great percentage of our customers (>99%). For the very few whose acne does worsen, the reason is likely an allergic reaction either to sulfur or to another ingredient in the cleansing bar.

"Also, salicylic acid, are the results temporary and will my daughter have to continually use them?"

Salicylic acid helps open up clogged pores and neutralize acne infections within. Several treatments (applied once or twice per week) are often needed to clear up an area of skin. The effects, however, may not be permanent. Hormones, environmental conditions (smoke, makeup, frequent contact with hands, etc.), and other factors may contribute to new breakouts, requiring another series of salicylic acid treatment.

"Does your kit come with complete instructions about use of your products and frequency of use?"

Our systems come with some instructions, however more complete instructions for the system you purchased may be found here: http://www.kaviskin.com/pages.php?pageid=19#AHS3OC

"Also, there was no mention on the website about the kit being a recurring order/charge, is it?"

Not at all. There are no recurring charges whatsoever.

"She is a lovely girl and her acne really dampens her self-esteem."

We hope we can help: it is why we are here.