KAVI Support Forum

question about sulfur soaps

Guest SadEyedLady

Guest SadEyedLady

Hi--I have been using your Aqua Kavi for about a month now and it has been great for my skin. (I have sensitive, dry/oily/acne prone skin with rosacea.) I also tried the Coral Kavi, but the salicylic was too strong for my rosacea. I was wondering whether you have considered offering a soap that has the Coral Kavi's increased sulfur but without the salicylic acid component? Sort of midway between Aqua and Coral Kavi.

I'd also be interested in your professional opinion as to whether the additional sulfur would be beneficial to control blemishes, and whether it might end up aggravating rosacea. So far your Aqua Kavi has been the only product I've been able to use that will control the blemishes on my face without causing my rosacea to flare up.

Keep up the good work!

More sulfur may suit some better, however the greater number of those with conditions like rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, and many types of skin allergies will find their skin responds better to a milder cleansing formulation, especially over the longer term.

When working with these conditions, the goal is to cleanse the skin without triggering a reaction. Our unique palm oil base cleanses without blocking pores or irritating the epidermis. Aqua KAVI includes a small but significant amount of sulfur to balance the skin's pH and eliminate any bacterial or fungal presence. You can read more about the importance of pH balance and the hydrolipidic layer at http://www.kaviskin.com/pages.php?pageid=20.

Coral KAVI is designed for acne, which presents a very different type of problem. There we are dealing with pore infection, the root causes of which require a different formulation from Aqua KAVI.