KAVI Support Forum

Acne Scars

Guest JK

Hi, I am interested in ordering the salicylic acid peels but I wanted to know if it will help get rid of acne scars as well. I have a lot of red spots on my back from acne and was wondering if it will help clear it up.

KAVI Salicylic Acid will provide keratolysis (exfoliation of dead skin cells) which itself will improve the tone and texture of your skin. KAVI Glycolic Acid, in addition to keratolysis, will stimulate the production of collagen and other vital proteins, accelerating the skin's rate of recovery from surface scarring, acne spots, and other formations resulting from acne infection.

If your acne is in regression (you are no longer breaking out), then glycolic acid is the better choice. If you are still breaking out, salicylic acid can provide some relief from existing scarring while actively neutralizing pore infections to keep future scarring to a minimum.

If your acne scars are recessed >1mm deep, then our retail products will not completely remove them, and you should obtain treatment through a physician or equivalent who can administer our professional products.