KAVI Support Forum

couple of questions

Guest LRP

first off, i wanna say your products are amazing. my second question is why is there alcohol (ethanol) in the pore maintenance toner and the sulfur lotion? it stings when i put them on my face. very good poducts none the less and they havent broken me out. why isnt sulfur as widely used as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide and is sulfur as effective as benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid at getting rid of acne????

thanx

Ethanol is typically used in skin care products for two reasons. Not only can it be an efficient solvent for a product's active ingredients, but it is also a non-comedogenic antibacterial that aids in pore maintenance.

Sulfur, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide are all very effective in the treatment of acne, and all three are used in KAVI's anti-acne product line. Because different skin types may not react to a particular active equally, you have to evaluate different products to determine which is best for you. Pharmaceutical-grade colloidal sulfur may not be used as frequently in anti-acne products because of its higher cost, and lower-cost precipitated sulfur may not be used because of its odor. However, sulfur's positive impact over more popular actives on many skin types continues to be the primary driver for its use in KAVI products.