KAVI Support Forum

benzoyl peroxide vs. sulfur please help

Guest kathleeb

Guest kathleeb

hi, my name is kathleen. i had mild acne, but it still bugs me. ive been using the panoxyl bar that contains 10% benzoyl peroxide. here are the ingridients of the bar.

Ingredients: 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Corn Starch, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Mineral Oil, PEG-14M, Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Potassium Lauryl, Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Water.

do any of these ingridients seem irritating to you? i noticed theres a few oil ingridients in there and an alcohol although im not sure if its a harmful alcohol on your skin or what. the cleanser helped me at first, but now im starting to break out and im looking for other alternatives for my skin and coral kavi seemed like a potentially good choice. i noticed on a lot of websites people say benzoyl peroxide is the best otc medication. how does colloidal sulfur combined with salicylic acid 3% stack up against a cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide like panoxyl? coral kavi seems like a very interesting cleansing bar. are there any studies out there comparing colloidal sulfur being more effective than benzoyl peroxide? does the salicylic acid help the colloidal sulfur become more powerful as a cleanser? please help, thank you.

While it is our policy to not comment on non-KAVI products, we believe that benzoyl peroxide is better suited for spot-treating infrequent acne infections. Pharmaceutical sulfur, as it is prepared in our cleansing bars, is as effective as a comparable dosage of benzoyl peroxide but mild enough to be used daily to treat two of the three root causes of chronic acne infection (excess sebum production and bacterial growth).

Coral KAVI, our strongest anti-acne cleansing bar, also contains salicylic acid to address acne's third root cause (dead skin buildup).