KAVI Support Forum

Salicylic Acid - frequency of use

Guest ProPA

Hello, I have been using Kavi products for over a year now and have seen a great change in my skin. I use the coral kavi soap, toner, and salicylic acid mask once a week. I have noticed that everytime I use the salicylic acid treatment my skin looks a lot better and blemishes tend to start disappearing a couple of days after, but then tend to come back before the week is over. I am wondering if it is healthy for my skin to use the salicylic acid treatment 2 times a week, or upgrade to a stronger treatment. I am using the salicylic acid #8. Please let me know what you recommend.

Cleansing daily with Coral KAVI and Toner, and exfoliating once per week with Salicylic Acid 8, while an effective acne prevention plan for many, may need to be adjusted to better address varying skin conditions.

If exfoliation once per week with Salicylic Acid 8 does not yield any post-peel inflammation or irritation, increasing application frequency to twice per week, 45-60 seconds per application, would be ok. Should the rate of new infection subside from semiweekly exfoliation with Salicylic Acid 8, there wouldn't be a need to move up to Salicylic Acid 15.

After two months of semiweekly application, reduce frequency to once per week and monitor your skin. If the rate of new infection does not increase, return to weekly application intervals for two additional months, followed by a two-to-four week hiatus before recommencing another two-month exfoliation cycle at once per week.

• 3 years later...

Cleansing daily with Coral KAVI and Toner, and exfoliating once per week with Salicylic Acid 8, while an effective acne prevention plan for many, may need to be adjusted to better address varying skin conditions.

If exfoliation once per week with Salicylic Acid 8 does not yield any post-peel inflammation or irritation, increasing application frequency to twice per week, 45-60 seconds per application, would be ok. Should the rate of new infection subside from semiweekly exfoliation with Salicylic Acid 8, there wouldn't be a need to move up to Salicylic Acid 15.

After two months of semiweekly application, reduce frequency to once per week and monitor your skin. If the rate of new infection does not increase, return to weekly application intervals for two additional months, followed by a two-to-four week hiatus before recommencing another two-month exfoliation cycle at once per week.

I am having the same issue, only with the 15% peel. My skin looks great for a couple of days after, but then goes back to the way it was before the week is over. Can I do a 15% peel twice per week? I am currently using System IV exactly as directed. I am also wondering about a couple of other products - Complex P and Organic Sulfer Suspension. Is it okay to add those to the Acne IV system, and if so, in what order would I apply the products. I am dealing with severe acne all over my face and neck. I've had it for 19 years and gave up on dermatologists. Please help!

Increasing frequency of Salicylic Acid 15 to twice per week may yield positive short-term results, however it can increase your sensitivity to the peel and may result in your being unable to use it at all. If your skin is not exhibiting symptoms of dryness, you may consider adding the Organic Sulfur Suspension to your daily regimen.

The best way to introduce it to avoid overwhelming your skin would be to use it as a substitute to an existing procedure. For example, in the evenings, cleanse only with the Toner (i.e., leave out Coral KAVI) and follow up with a layer of the Organic Sulfur Suspension. If after two weeks your skin is responding well without any tightness, irritation, or inflammation, and you feel your skin can handle the sulfur suspension along with cleansing twice daily with Coral KAVI, then try modifying your regimen to once again include Coral KAVI in the evenings along with the sulfur suspension. You may even find that what works better for your skin is cleansing twice daily with Coral KAVI with application of the sulfur suspension every other day. Because everyone's skin is different, you need to experiment with application frequencies until you find the best recipe for your unique skin type.

Increasing frequency of Salicylic Acid 15 to twice per week may yield positive short-term results, however it can increase your sensitivity to the peel and may result in your being unable to use it at all. If your skin is not exhibiting symptoms of dryness, you may consider adding the Organic Sulfur Suspension to your daily regimen.

The best way to introduce it to avoid overwhelming your skin would be to use it as a substitute to an existing procedure. For example, in the evenings, cleanse only with the Toner (i.e., leave out Coral KAVI) and follow up with a layer of the Organic Sulfur Suspension. If after two weeks your skin is responding well without any tightness, irritation, or inflammation, and you feel your skin can handle the sulfur suspension along with cleansing twice daily with Coral KAVI, then try modifying your regimen to once again include Coral KAVI in the evenings along with the sulfur suspension. You may even find that what works better for your skin is cleansing twice daily with Coral KAVI with application of the sulfur suspension every other day. Because everyone's skin is different, you need to experiment with application frequencies until you find the best recipe for your unique skin type.

Thanks! That helps.

Can the Complex P be used with this regimen, or would that risk irritation?