KAVI Support Forum

Some skin dry and irritated from Coral...please help

Guest Birdie

Dear KAVI,

I recently purchased 3 bars of Coral KAVI, the Organic Sulfur Suspension and the Phase I (I think it's Phase I; whichever phase I was supposed to start with according to the Product Matrix for Acne-prone skin) last week. For the first 3 days, my skin really began to clear up; I used the soap in the morning and at bedtime, and applied the Organic Sulfur Suspension shortly after patting my face dry after both washes. (I've been using Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin Moisturizer for many years and I'm really fond of it, so I definitely have been moisturizing after 'KAVI-ing' as I call it

Anyway, the past 3 days, my skin has become dry and flaky around my mouth and under my nose; we've also had a cold snap of weather, so I'm guessing this could be another variable as well. Would it be best for me to use the Coral KAVI only 1x day for the next week or so to see how my skin reacts to it, or am I doing my skin harm by not washing w/ it 2x a day? I guess I'm afraid that only using Coral KAVI 1x a day or every other day won't help fight the acne and allow my skin to become greasy and gross. (BTW, I have tried just about everything out there, including 2 runs of Accutane @ 5 years ago, which helped, and have been using Pro Activ since 2002. I found KAVI and decided to give it a shot.)

I love KAVI so far, but I'm wondering if it's too strong for my skin, if I should use it less, or if my skin needs to 'get used to it' and I should just deal w/ the dryness, redness, and flaking for the time being.

Thanks so much

-Kim, 31

PS: I haven't used anything else to wash my face w/ either; I'm trying to stick to just KAVI since learning about it's good PH balance and how it doesn't strip 'good bacteria' from you skin unlike other soaps and cleansers.

KAVI Organic Sulfur Suspension, while very effective against acne infection, can dry the skin (especially during the winter months when sebaceous glands produce less oil). As a general rule, the Organic Sulfur Suspension is reserved for regular use only when treating severe acne lesions (nodules and cysts). It may also be used to "spot treat" the occasional pimple.

When dry skin is observed, the first product to temporarily discontinue using should be the Organic Sulfur Suspension. Should dryness persist, then reducing cleansing with Coral KAVI to once per day would be an appropriate next step.

And remember, dryness and flaking is never an acceptable side effect of acne treatment. If your skin is dry and irritated, be sure to adequately hydrate with a non-comedogenic moisturizer and/or reduce how often you apply antiseborrheics to your skin.

Thanks for your reply; I will limit the Sulfur Suspension to those monthly breakouts I get in the same exact spots and just use Coral 1x day for the next week to see how my skin reacts. I have already seen a dramatic improvement and sure hope it continues Thanks again!

-Kim

Guest Neenie809

Hi, I am new to Kavi products & came across your posting. I also use Coral Kavi & the Organic Sulfur. I did notice the first few days of using the combo that my face was dry, so i only use the Sulfur at night; that seemed to help. Your skin most likely needs to get used to your new regimen. I have tried everything under the sun as well!

GOOD LUCK! :)