KAVI Support Forum

Products for scars and cherry angiomas

I am a 41 year old woman with very fair skin. I have used Kavi peels (60% Glycolic) in the past and tolerate them well After I turned 40 I began noticing small red dots on my chest and shoulders that I believe are cherry angiomas. Will any of your products help eliminate these?

Additionally, I have several shallow, wide scars on one side of my face (the cheek area) - a reminder of my unfortunate reaction to diet pills containing ephedra. The 60% peel has helped somewhat to reduce the appearance of the scars, but I'm wondering if I should consider a Salicylic peel as well, or an alternation of the two peels. What do you recommend?

Cherry angiomas are typically treated with laser, cryotherapy, or electrosurgery. Though any of these procedures require a visit to the doctor's office, they fortunately are all brief outpatient procedures.

As for the scarring on the side of your face, Glycolic Acid 60 is the strongest exfoliation mask available from KAVI for over-the-counter use. We would advise you to consult with your physician about an unbuffered KAVI glycolic acid peel. Unbuffered peels have a lower pH, permitting deeper exfoliation. Such peels are strong enough to completely keratolyze the epidermis, providing your physician with enough flexibility to achieve successful results.