KAVI Support Forum

Salicylic Acid 25

rmartini65

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and to Kavi and I was hoping someone could help me.

I purchased KAVI Salicylic Acid Peel 25. I never used this strength before. I tried it the day before yesterday and I'm starting to peel now. My skin is very oily, I have large pores, darkened acne scars around the jaw and chin areas. I also have some bumpiness due to the scarring. Here are my questions:

1. Will this peel help with my skin condition?

2. How often should I do them? I was only able to leave the solution on for 25 seconds.

3. After how many treatments will I start to see results?

4. Is Glycolic Acid more suitable for my condition, if so, at what strength?

Thanks for your help!

Rose

Please see answers below..

1. Will this peel help with my skin condition?

Salicylic Acid 25 is a very strong peel intended for severe acne, however it can also be used for other intensive treatment goals related to problem skin and pores. For the skin conditions you mention, Salicylic Acid 25 will provide the following benefits:

- reduced pore diameter for more consistent texture,

- exfoliation of damaged surface layers of the epidermis, exposing newer skin with reduced spotting and scarring,

- reduced oiliness immediately following the peel.

2. How often should I do them? I was only able to leave the solution on for 25 seconds.

We recommend that you administer this peel only once per week (20 to 90 seconds per session). To control oily skin between peels, consider switching to Coral KAVI or Aqua KAVI for your daily cleanser.

3. After how many treatments will I start to see results?

Reduced pore diameter, reduced oiliness, and improved skin texture should be apparent in the days following the first peel. Improved skin tone (including reduced spotting) may require four peels or more.

4. Is Glycolic Acid more suitable for my condition, if so, at what strength?

For accelerated recovery from acne spotting and scarring, glycolic acid would be a better choice. To attain the benefits of both glycolic acid and salicylic acid, you can alternate weekly application of each peel, applying one on odd weeks and the other on even weeks. A glycolic acid peel comparable in strength to Salicylic Acid 25 would be Glycolic Acid 50.