KAVI Support Forum

Wrinkles and other issues

Guest DebbieS

Guest DebbieS

I currently use retin A and would like to incorporate you glycolic and salicylic peels. I am 44 with oily skin, some hyperpigmentation, large pores, forehead lines...What do you suggest as far as your peels/products? Thank you.

Retin-A can be very effective against hyperpigmentation, uneven texture, and clogged pores. KAVI Enhanced Retinol 0.30%, also a retinoid, is very similar to tretinoin (Retin-A), but does not require a prescription.

For stronger treatment, glycolic and salicylic acid peels can help. Glycolic acid, better for wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, can be applied once per week on odd weeks, while salicylic acid, better for large pores and blackheads, can be applied once per week on even weeks.

If you have no prior experience with glycolic acid or salicylic acid masks, we would recommend you begin with Glycolic Acid 30 and Salicylic Acid 8. After eight consecutive weeks of treatment, if your skin has not maintained any inflammation or irritation for a period longer than 60 minutes after the post-peel rinse, you can safely evaluate our stronger masks (if needed).

Guest DebbieS

Thank you so much. I do have experience with lesser strengths of salicylic/glycolic. My dilemma..Do I stop using retin A for a week prior to either of the masks? I will most likely start with your salicylic.

A hiatus from Retin-A both in the week prior *and* during the initial two weeks of treatment with a KAVI mask would be a good idea for two reasons:

(1) You can monitor the mask’s effects in isolation, and

(2) You can reduce the chance for irritation from concurrent use of both Retin-A and a glycolic and/or salicylic mask.

While there isn’t a certainty that you will experience irritation from concurrent use, some skin types may be overwhelmed and could react.