KAVI Support Forum

Acne

Guest Vicky

Hi, I have been looking at various sites for skin peels and was fascinated by your introduction statement on acne. I have had many glycolic peels and recently glycolic and salicylic for my acne prone skin. Do you have a combined peel of glycolic and salicylic? What would you recommend. Thanks, Vicky.

In addition to considering our exfoliation masks for an anti-acne solution, you should look into our line of bar soaps. While all of our soaps are made with either plant or vegetable bases, none of them include comedogenic animal fats, probably the single greatest pore-clogging acne irritant you can find. Coral KAVI also contains colloidal sulfur, an effective anti-bacterial element, as well as 3% salicylic acid to help mildly exfoliate the skin as you cleanse. For more severe acne, our organic sulfur lotion can help protect the skin from infection between cleansing cycles.

Finally, to complement daily cleansing with Coral KAVI, a weekly application of KAVI Salicylic Acid (our comedolytic exfoliation mask) will round out a working acne treatment system. You may also wish to try our fabric rinses to keep your skin's pH levels at their naturally-occurring levels (pH=5.5) and without the irritation high-pH alkaline detergents can trigger on the skin.

• 5 months later...

I am on the market for a product line that will effectively combat my acne/hyperpigmentation/superficial scarring. I am of African-American/Native American descent with a medium skin tone. I have gotten my breakouts somewhat under control with the use of tree tee oil spot treatment once daily and retin-a micro once daily in the evening. I have found that chemical peels in conjunction with retin-a and AHA's has helped my skin tremendously, but I am looking for products that will not be as harsh and less expensive than those used in the past. Is there a cost effective way for me to combine treatments to control my acne, reduce the hyperpigmentation and control the extreme oiliness? Are your products all natural. Please help.

We have several product lines which can help with the skin conditions you mentioned, and they can be used exclusively (i.e., no need to complement them with other products).

For acne: cleanse with Coral KAVI, exfoliate with Salicylic Acid 8, protect with SPF 30.

For oily skin: cleanse with Coral KAVI.

For hyperpigmentation: exfoliate with either Glycolic Acid 30 (better for age spots) or Salicylic Acid 8 (better for sun spots), protect with SPF 30.

For acne scarring: exfoliate with either Glycolic Acid 30 (better for regressing acne) or Salicylic Acid 8 (better for recurring acne), protect with SPF 30.

If you opt to use both glycolic acid and salicylic acid in your routine, you can alternate weekly application to garner the benefits of both peels without over-exfoliating.

For a milder approach to treating scarring and hyperpigmentation, you can try Enhanced Retinol 0.30% (under Anti-Aging).

Finally, our products use natural ingredients wherever possible. Where we need to use preservatives, we ensure they are non-formaldehyde producing and with low impact to the body. Based in San Francisco, we are very conscious of organic health and the environment.