KAVI Support Forum

KAVI and acne

Guest JB

I have questions regarding your product and which is best for me. I am a long time acne sufferer since age 12- now at age 34. I've tried EVERYTHING from Derms, Everything overcounter, and online. Some with REALLY BAD effects on my skin acne worstening or severly red irritation/SWELLING. which I dont ever want to happen again I cant miss work because of a facial reaction that is severe or not. For the last year I've used cetephil cleanser moisture as needed am/pm with 10%benzoil peroxide only at night. Was pretty good control for a year, then a pretty bad break out, I switched to a different cleanser after a week of trying to get the breakout under control no results. I just dont know how safe the BP everyday long term & it does cause reddness to my skin that is there all the time I have for 2 weeks only been using cyclic wash 2-3 times per day. Is sulfer safe/effective option for acne relief long term? Will the soaps cause clogged pores/irritation as others do? I've heard ingredients that keep the soap shaped actually can clog pores. Per Paula Choice Beauty Bible book. What soap is best for me? My skin type is unknown, it gets oily throughout the day/somewhat sensitive/reactive, but is pretty dry after washing except after cetephil its pretty moist. What do you suggest? I want a easy regimine and if I could have good results with a soap I would be SO Happy Is it ok to use moisturizer? Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you regarding my many questions.

There certainly are a lot of products for acne out there, and it can be difficult to determine which are truly effective.

While we have earned the trust of many thousands of customers, many of them skin care professionals who purchase regularly from us, we have learned over the years that there is no one solution that applies universally to all skin types.

We do know that certain tenets hold true for everyone, namely that maintaining the skin’s pH and preventing over-drying during treatment can significantly improve the road to recovery.

If you are interested in trying our anti-acne products, we would recommend easing into a regimen and ensuring that other antiseborrheics in your current regimen are either put on hold or sufficiently reduced to prevent unnecessary dryness when treating your skin with KAVI products. Concurrent use of non-comedogenic moisturizers are fine.

Coral KAVI, our anti-acne cleansing bar, is a pH-balancing solution free of any comedogenic (pore-clogging) animal byproducts such as tallow. It contains sulfur and salicylic acid in concentrations that are safe for long-term use. Together, sulfur and salicylic acid address the three factors behind acne infection: sebum buildup, acne bacteria, and cellular debris on the skin’s surface.

For many, Coral KAVI alone (used as a replacement to any other soap you may use) is sufficient to maintain clear, beautiful skin. In some cases, it may also be necessary to add a weekly salicylic acid mask and nightly toner to help keep pores clear.

As a first step, we would recommend Coral KAVI by itself. If your skin improves and you like the quality of the product, but are still receiving breakouts, blackheads, or other pore-related issues, you should look into adding a salicylic acid mask and toner to your skin care regimen.

In more extreme cases, a stronger salicylic acid mask and/or a sulfur suspension may also be necessary, but these products are generally reserved for nodular or cystic acne that will not subside from lesser treatment.