KAVI Support Forum

Melasma

Guest LB

What can I use for melasma on my cheeks that's been there for 3 yrs.? And do I need to pretreat it before using your products? Also, is there a 30 day or 60 day money back warranty on KAVI products?

KAVI Glycolic Acid masks are the best product we make for the treatment of melasma. We offer anti-aging systems that comprise 4 and 5-step programs, or alternatively, you may purchase a peel separately and use your own complementary products. KAVI's cleansers, serums, and moisturizers are all non-comedogenic and formulated with the optimal pH for pre and post peel care.

We do offer a 60-day guarantee on our products. Full details on our return policy are available at http://www.kaviskin.com/info/retexch.html.

Which Peel do you recommend. I have done the Timeless Peel by Cosmedix and saw very little difference. I have also done fotofacial rejuvenation and microdermabrasion. I am currently using Triluma creme. Do your peels make you peel after a few days? The one I did, I didn't start peeling til day 4 and there was more scabbing where my melasma was. Also, how should I prepare for your peel?

Our retail peels (those buffered to a pH of 2.1 and available to non-medical skin care professionals) are designed to exfoliate the skin without heavy peeling. The strongest of these peels is Glycolic Acid 60 and the typical initial strength we recommend is Glycolic Acid 20 or 30, however because your skin has exhibited tolerance to prior peels and other exfoliation methods, we would advise you consider Glycolic Acid 40. Improvements to texture are typically visible the day after the initial peel, however improvements to uneven pigmentation can take anywhere from 10 to 12 sessions to be apparent.

Pre-peel preparation does not need to be over-complicated. A non-comedogenic cleanser that moderately lowers your skin's pH is sufficient. Glycolic Cleanser 10 or DermaWash are both optimal choices for such a task.