KAVI Support Forum

Alternating Salicylic & Glycolic Acid

micky

Hello,

I am thinking about using Salicylic Acid 8% every 2-3 weeks (depending on how my skin reacts) and then applying Glycolic Acid 10% a week after the Salicylic Acid Treatment. Would you recommend this regimen? Should If I alternate these two products do I need to add an additional week of down time for my face (where I do not apply either product)? I really want the benefits of both products; I have blackheads, whiteheads, large pores, oily acne prone skin. Thank you in advance!

Alternating application of salicylic acid and glycolic acid masks is a popular regimen for those seeking the benefits of both acids. Applying one mask once per odd week and the other mask once per even week is ok for many, however if your skin is particularly sensitive, you can start with a lower frequency (e.g., two peels in total per month) and gradually reduce the interval between applications until you either hit the once-per-week interval or until your skin begins exhibiting signs of stress from the peels. The strengths you have listed below (8% for salicylic acid and 10% for glycolic acid) are appropriate for sensitive skin and a good starting point for a new treatment plan.

I have been using the Coral Kavi as my cleanser; would you recommend cleansing with the Coral Kavi before the Salicylic 8% Peel or with a milder cleanser? Also, should I use a toner after cleanser, but before applying the Peel? If the answer is yes, would witch hazel be okay? Thanks!

Cleansing with Coral KAVI before applying a peel is recommended where possible. Coral KAVI's actives will ensure skin is clean and pH-balanced, maximizing the ensuing peel's effectiveness. There typically wouldn't be a need for also applying the Toner before a peel, and while possibly beneficial in certain cases, it may lead to prolonged irritation and/or inflammation following peel removal.