KAVI Support Forum

Acid Peels

Guest TW

I would like some information on acid peels. I went to a spa and had a 30% glycolic peel and saw no difference. i'm 45 and would like to something myself with little downtime. Thank you.

Our retail peels are buffered to a pH of 2.1 to balance efficacy with safety. While most people will observe significant improvement to their skin using our mid-range strengths (30% to 40%), there are cases where either a higher concentration and/or lower pH is required to achieve individual treatment goals. Because our professional strength peels (where the pH is lower than 2.1) are restricted to medical professionals, the only stronger option available to you through KAVI would be a retail preparation at a concentration greater than 30%. While these strengths are recommended for skin care professionals or those with equivalent training, they may be purchased for home use under the direction of your physician.

All of our retail peels require little to no downtime (2 hours at most) and can be completely removed with a cold water rinse.

For more information on glycolic acid concentration and pH, please visit http://www.kaviskin.com/info/rightpeel.html.