KAVI Support Forum

what's happening with my skin?

bmccartney

I started using Kavi Coral 23 days ago. Prior to that I was using 10% BP and Purpose facial cleanser. My skin was red, irritated, flakey (even though I've used BP for years). Usually the BP controlled most of my acne but I got 4 cysts at once and that's when I found the Kavi products on the internet. Anyway, after a week of using the Coral cleanser (only), my skin had nearly cleared up. I was so excited! I then bought the 8% SA mask and have been using it weekly since day 6. Then, on day 14, I broke out quite badly with little red pimples/whiteheads all over my face. The pimples weren't deep but they were EVERYWHERE (which is not normal for me, mostly I just get them on my jawline/cheeks). I started using the toner at night around day 17.

Here's my problem: those little pimples are still everywhere on my face! It's like all my pores are clogged and bumpy. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong with my routine, using the wrong products, or if I need additional products, OR if this is normal and I should expect my skin to get better. Oh, I have combination skin that gets super oily but dry/flakey/sensitive at the same time. The Kavi products haven't irritated my skin at all, no dryness/flaking/redness at all.

I'd love to keep using your products and find a solution if possible!

The reasons for your recent breakout can be one or more of many, and we would recommend you obtain a medical diagnosis from your dermatologist to be more certain as to the cause(s). From our experience, however, a sudden rash of small, profuse comedones can be the result of too much product. Our recommendation would be to take the following steps, the overriding objective being to give your skin time to recuperate:

(1) Stop using any and all anti-acne products except Coral KAVI (one or twice per day) for two weeks. If your skin is still reacting, you temporarily may need to switch to a gentler cleanser (like KAVI DermaWash).

(2) At the start of week 3, reintroduce the Toner (once per evening) to treat any blackheads that Coral KAVI alone hasn't been able to handle.

(3) At the start of week 4, if you feel your skin needs a little more help with clogged pores or acne, apply Salicylic Acid 8 for no more than 45 seconds (one session only).

(4) At the start of week 6, try another session of Salicylic Acid 8 (no more than 45 seconds again).

(5) If your skin does not flare up again during the remainder of week 6, and you feel you need more than biweekly treatments with Salicylic Acid 8, try moving to once per week and monitor your skin for its reaction.

Let us know how things go for you, and do not hesitate to reply with any questions.