KAVI Support Forum

Keratosis Pilaris

Guest Kinnari

KAVI Salicylic Acid exfoliation masks are the best product line available for the treatment of KP. If you are seeking to treat the arms or thighs, then either Salicylic Acid 15 (for more sensitive skin) or 25 would be suitable. On facial skin, we would recommend choosing between Salicylic Acid 8 or 15.

• 1 year later...

My daughter and I also have Keratosis Polaris. Doctor diagnosed but she doesn't know what to prescribe. It is located on our upper arms. I have reddness with mine also. From what I've been reading a combo of sulfur, glycolic acid, and salacylic acid is a good choice. Usually one of these work. I purchased and over the counter moisturizer with 12% glycolic acid and a 1% salicylic acid serum and mixed them together. It seems to be helping some but would like to try stronger percentages. Is it ok to mix these? and using your products, is there a way to mix them into a lotion(like) that we could apply at night and leave on while sleeping? Thank you in advance so much for your help!

Chemical peels are effective as a treatment for KP by way of keratolysis. In other words, actives like glycolic acid and salicylic acid must have a pH of less than 2.5 and consequently be used as a mask rather than a leave-on serum in order to treat KP. We also would not recommend mixing the two acids into one solution, as each will obstruct the other's maximum addressable surface area on the skin.

For many, salicylic acid peels are the most effective chemical peel for the treatment of KP, however in cases where the skin tends to be dry or more sensitive, glycolic acid will be a better choice. The use of both salicylic acid and glycolic acid may also be optimal in certain cases, and for such treatment plans, we would advise a weekly rotation of each peel (e.g., salicylic acid on odd weeks and glycolic acid on even weeks). You should not administer more than a total of one peel per week unless otherwise instructed by your physician, who may elect a more aggressive schedule under their supervision.

Thank you for a quick response! So.... I was thinking:

Coral Kavi on arms in shower daily

Glycolic mask on even Sundays

Salicylic mask on odd Sundays

Some sort of moisturizer daily. Would you say Glycolipidic Moisturizer or probably SPF 50 since my daughter is starting softball and will be in sun wearing sleeveless shirts almost daily.

or is SPF 30 enough daily and then add additional sunscreen when in sun?

Thanks so much! again :)