KAVI Support Forum

exfoliation.

flyrod84

I just recently received and started the acne treatment set, level III. I have combination skin. Usually it can tends to get oily during the day between washes, but after cleansing it typically gets over-dried.

I have been using the Coral Kavi, and the Hyaluronic Acid 95 now for about 3 days and already I'm seeing favorable effects. I have tried the SPF 30 as well and it seems to work but not quite as well as the HA95 as far as keeping the skin moisturized.

So far the products seem to be working well at the amounts I am applying them. Any tips or suggestions?

My question: In the past I have noticed my skin to clear up when I regularly exfoliate with a hot towel on to unclog pores. But it seemed that I needed to do it almost every other day or at least every third day. Is this an ok non-chemical form of exfoliation? Also I have some acne scars from previous bouts. Will exfoliating this way cause more scarring or be harmful in any way? If it's o.k, how often is advisable? I know I said a lot out there, take your time to get back to me.

:D

Following the recommended instructions for your system (at http://www.kaviskin.com/info/prdproc.html#AHS3OC) should provide you with optimal results. We commonly advise those new to KAVI to note that an increase in application frequency will not mean an increase in efficacy, but in fact may result in unnecessary dryness and irritation.

Assuming you mean a hot steam towel, then yes, this is a healthy form of comedolysis (not exfoliation). The temperature and humidity helps open pores and dislodge comedones. It is a popular skin prep at spas prior to extractions. While it should not lead to any more acne or scarring, by itself its efficacy is somewhat limited in treating problem pores.