KAVI Support Forum

Initial break out

mwally29

Is it common to experience an initial break out once starting the Kavi products? I started using the Coral Kavi twice a day four days ago and am breaking out quite badly. It is the only thing I am using on my face right now. Just wondering if this is common.

A nominal adjustment period to any new product should be expected, however "breaking out quite badly" is uncommon for any KAVI product. The most common cause of a bad breakout using Coral KAVI stems from dried out skin. The breakout typically observed takes the form of numerous, tiny whiteheads over areas such as the chin and surrounding the mouth. While using Coral KAVI alone and as directed, even twice per day, is rarely strong enough to dry out the skin to elicit such a response, it is important to note that your skin may require some time to recover from a previous anti-acne regimen (one to two weeks can be enough) and that Coral KAVI should not be left on the skin for longer than a couple of minutes during each cleansing session.

In the event that you have not recently applied other antiseborrheics to your skin and have not been overusing Coral KAVI, it is also possible that the product may be too dehydrating for you. We would recommend you look into Aqua KAVI (made with 50% less sulfur and no salicylic acid) or DermaWash (also with 50% less sulfur but gentler for sensitive skin).

That is very interesting. The breakouts are along the jawline and around my mouth. My skin has definitely been dry, more than usual. I really like the way the coral Kavi keeps the oiliness in check so I'm a bit weary of trying the Aqua Kavi. My acne is pretty flared up at the momen.

I was thinking though; if I leave the suds on for less time and follow up with your moisturizer do you think that will help?

Yes, it certainly will help, and hopefully enough so. Keeping your skin hydrated is as important (if not more) as controlling acne. Those little whiteheads may be an immune response, telling you your body is reacting and trying to correct whatever situation is causing the dryness.