KAVI Support Forum

Glycolic for combo skin

Guest MTS

I have a client tomorrow and just realised I don't have any Salicylic so I was going to use a glycolic peel on him. He's combo skin with some acne on his cheeks. I was going to use a glycolic peel on him, then after wards use Emu oil on him after the peel. Is a glycolic peel to strong for this treatment. I also have some one of your bars of soap, but it dosent say the name on it, it's a rather pinkish color so I'm assuming it's the coral kavi soap.. just not sure. If you could answer these question for me I'm greatly appreciate it.

What strength glycolic were you planning on using? While glycolic acid isn’t the best peel for acne (it doesn’t do as good a job as salicylic acid in opening up clogged pores), it is still effective. In terms of comparable strength, KAVI Salicylic Acid 8 is about equal to KAVI Glycolic Acid 30.

All KAVI bar cleansers have the word “KAVI” stamped on them. It is a deep stamp placed at the time the soap is still soft. If it is a new bar and it doesn’t say “KAVI”, it’s not KAVI.