KAVI Support Forum

pregnancy & acne

Guest Neenie809

Guest Neenie809

I have used many Kavi products to control face & back acne; esp. love the sulfur soaps & lotions. It was not until my 4th month of pregnancy that I have completed cleared-face & back. I am 7 months along with clear skin. No breakouts on my back--normally, I was breaking out quite frequently there. I am thinking that my acne was caused by hormones all along. Could this be? Just thought I would get an opinion....Thanks!

Hormones can significantly influence the factors that lead to acne formation. The pH of skin, the rate of sebum production, and other cellular processes can change due to hormonal shifts. Sometimes these shifts help reduce acne, and other times they contribute to breakouts. KAVI's anti-acne products provide some control over what is happening on the skin's surface by addressing the key factors that lead to acne formation. While it's difficult to determine to what degree the hormonal changes from your pregnancy have helped, it is likely that they have played a significant role along with use of our products in improving your skin's condition.

[Readers please note: while there are no known contraindications to using KAVI products while pregnant or nursing, you are advised to consult with your physician first before beginning treatment with KAVI products.]