KAVI Support Forum

Skin Allergies

Guest Janet

Guest Janet

Hello,

I have extremely sensitive skin, and I have been washing my face with just water for the past two years. I haven't been able to find a product on the market that does not irritate my skin or cause acne. Recently, my son has begun to experience the same problem. Unfortunately, he is a teenager and his skin has become extremely oily. The oil is unsightly so he started experimenting with different soaps. He has experienced all different types of reactions to the soaps including acne. When he stops using the soaps the acne goes away, but the oil returns. Do you think we are candidates for KAVI? Also, does your bar soap contain titanium dioxide or parabens? Thank you, and I look forward to your response.

Janet

Sorry to hear about your family's skin problems, but you're all certainly not alone! Off-the-shelf soaps tend to strip the skin's hydrolipidic layer, and many people are unable to restore their skin's acid mantle fast enough before their next shower, leaving their skin victim to a perpetual cycle of distress and irritation. Coral KAVI contains 2% colloidal sulphur -- a very effective acid (with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties) which brings the skin's pH back down to its natural level of 5.5, significantly reducing the skin's likelihood of triggering a histamine response (i.e., redness, inflammation, and acne).

Sulphur is also anti-seborrheic, which means it does an excellent job of removing sebum (skin oil). However, if your son is producing abnormal amounts of sebum, no topical solution will solve the problem. You will certainly need to discuss the matter with your dermatologist, but the only product I have seen which permanently reduces oil production by the thyroid is Accutane. Accutane, however, carries many terrible side effects (suicidal behavior, bone and muscle loss, kidney and liver damage, hearing and vision damage, and a host of other problems). If he is thinking about it (as many teens have), I would steer him clear of it.

None of our products contain titanium dioxide or any other sunscreens, nor any parabens or other allergy-inducing preservatives.

If you are experiencing breakouts or irritation on your body, I would recommend our Laundry Cleanser as well. Its pH-neutral solution will preserve your skin's hydrolipidic layer throughout the day. Off-the-shelf detergents have a pH of about 11, and that alkalinity does not wash off in a single rinse cycle and is subsequently transferred to your skin, raising its natural pH. Alternatively, you may wish to double rinse your clothes or pour 1/2 cup white vinegar into the rinse cycle to neutralize the alkalinity of the detergent.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to reply. And if you do choose to try KAVI, we would be very interested in your feedback.

KAVI Support