KAVI Support Forum

Q on application

Guest Mary

Can I use Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid treatments at the same time, for example, apply 1 one day, apply another the next day, or should the application period be separated?

Because both KAVI Glycolic Acid and KAVI Salicylic Acid masks are peels, using them together would be tantamount to decreasing the recommended recovery time for one peel in half. If you would like to obtain the benefits of both glycolic acid and salicylic acid, you may wish to rotate weekly application of each peel.

• 7 months later...
Guest Janet

I am using the glycolic Acid Peel 30 %. I had used it for 4 weeks. I was unable to apply the peel for 1 month so I felt it was best to start over. Is this correct? Also, after you have rinsed the peel off with cool water is it ok to use a mild cleanser that calms the skin down? I have never done it until last peel and do not want to diminish the results of the peel by doing this. Please advise. Thank you, Janet

After a one month break, it will be ok to resume weekly application for up to eight weeks before taking a 2-week hiatus. After the break, you may resume the cycle again until you reach the results you are seeking. Biweekly peels thereafter can be administered for maintenance.

After the peel, it would be best to apply a moisturizing sunscreen, preferably one that is non-comedogenic. A mild cleanser will not diminish the results of the peel, but it may aggravate the skin and lengthen the recovery period. The skin should be cleansed prior to exfoliation, and post-peel cleansing shouldn't be necessary.

Guest Janet

Thank you. I do have one more thing I wanted to ask.

My sister used another brand peeler, 30%, same strength I am using. Her skin peeled off after around a six week period. It peeled off as if she was removing a mask, in one piece.

Can I expect this to happen? It sounds nice and would appear to be a great outcome from a peeler. Please advise.

Our over-the-counter peels are designed for safe home use. We buffer the pH of the acid to 2.1 to minimize the chance of burns and allow the peel to be completely removed with a cold water rinse (no neutralizer necessary). At a pH of 2.1, you will attain the same benefits of a lower-pH peel of the same concentration, but results will be attained more gradually over several weeks of application.

The exact experience you described below doesn't correspond with a typical glycolic mask. Depending on the pH, dead skin cells will either detach in larger clusters during a physician-administered minimum-pH (<1.0) peel, or will flake off in smaller clusters during the course of several days following a home-based low-pH (2.0 < pH < 2.5) peel. In either case, new skin will begin forming immediately and results can be observed over the following weeks.