KAVI Support Forum

So frustrated

stanle01

I am a 25 year old Caucasian female. I have a full-time job, am a homeowner, and am in grad school. I just got married 3 months ago. I should be loving and enjoying my life, but I'm not, thanks to acne. I have struggled with acne for as long as I can remember. I've seen multiple dermatologists, who sometimes offered up solutions that worked but they never seemed to work long-term or the dermatologist would reduce my dosage and I'd break out again. I've tried every over-the-counter product on the market as well as some other systems (Proactiv, Exposed, acne.org regimen). Some of these work, but never consistently or long-term. I am at my wit's end trying to find a solution. I find myself literally hiding from life - calling out of work during a bad breakout, coming up with excuses not to see friends, even shying away from my husband - all thanks to my acne. I stumbled across KAVI on the acne.org message boards. I read all about you on your website and you seem to take a different approach to treating acne. Since I've tried EVERYTHING else, I figured, why not? My skin is the epitome of combination skin - it gets so oily that I use oil blotting sheets 5-10 times per day. And yet, at the very same time, so dry that I carry around tweezers to remove the constantly peeling skin. Sometimes I simply smile and the skin around my mouth cracks and peels. I don't know how to classify my acne, I get the red bumps, occassional whiteheads, and extremely painful, huge cysts (I guess that's what they are) that take forever to go away. I just ordered the coral soap, salicyclic acid peel (8), and KAVI complex P. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your products will provide some relief. Otherwise, I feel I am out of options :(

We certainly hope we can help. Here are some pointers to keep in mind when treating your acne with our products:

(1) Less can be more. In other words, over-treating your skin can make it worse. If you are using our products, follow instructions and do not reduce application intervals in the hopes of accelerating results.

(2) Don't introduce other anti-acne regimens to your routine while treating your skin with KAVI products, because the combination of products may overwhelm your skin, resulting in dryness, irritation, and possibly more breakouts (typically small, numerous whiteheads where skin has become the driest).

(3) If you are currently using any antiseborrheics, make sure to stop using them and allow your skin a minimum of one week to recover before commencing use with KAVI products.

(4) Coral KAVI can be used safely over the long run and is suitable as a total replacement to your existing cleansers. When using Coral KAVI, make sure to avoid use of any alkaline cleansers in your regimen, as these types of cleansers can offset the benefits Coral KAVI and other KAVI products provide to acne-prone skin.

Hi KAVI Support: I have 2 questions I'm hoping you might be able to answer.

1) When using the KAVI coral soap, about how long should I lather the soap on my face?

2) I have a question regarding exercise. I run outside about 4 days/week for at least 3 miles. Prior to running, I don't take off my make-up but I always wear minimal makeup (just concealer over any active pimples that I am honestly too embarassed to remove). I usually run during the afternoon or right after work. I already wash my face twice per day. Is it bad for my skin if I am running, with some makeup, and not washing my face for several hours afterward before I go to bed? If yes, what would you recommend I do, since it is only recommended to use the soap once or twice per day?

Thanks so much for your help. I have only used the coral KAVI soap twice but I am very pleased with it so far.

(1) Coral KAVI only needs to be on the skin for anywhere between 30 seconds and two minutes. Use it as you would any other cleanser.

(2) Running tends to generate heat and perspiration on the surface of the skin. Pores can dilate during exercise (possibly expelling comedones and draining infection sites) and the salt from perspiration can provide nominal benefit to infected pores. The presence of makeup during exercise, however, may conflict with this process. Perspiration may break down makeup and enable it to impede or enter into a dilated pore where it may help with comedone formation and subsequent acne infection. Unless you know your skin to be unaffected by the makeup you apply before running, it would be advisable to avoid it altogether.

As for using Coral KAVI more than twice per day, most people are unable to cleanse three times per day with Coral KAVI over the long run -- it will dry out their skin eventually and require a reduction in application frequency. However, for very oily skin and during the summer months, thrice daily can be ok.