KAVI Support Forum

Bad Breakout

stanle01

I have been using the koral kavi soap for just under a week now. I am also using the Complex P for spot treatment at night and my moisturizer, Complex 15, which I have used for over a year now. It is the week before my period and I usually break out a bit more than usual this week. However, the breakout I have right now is quite possibly the worst I have ever had. I have 7 very large, red, and painful pimples all over my face as well as about 9 new, smaller breakouts. The 7 large pimples are so big they look swollen and are very noticeable. I have had pimples like this before but only very rarely. What could be causing this terrible breakout? Does kavi sometimes make skin much worse before it improves?

Coral KAVI should not make your skin worse before it makes it better unless it has been drying out your skin. Did you recently switch from another anti-acne treatment or are you using any other antiseborrheics along with Coral KAVI and Complex P? Do the locations where you have been applying Complex P have any relation to the new breakouts?Without the use of antiseborrheics, would you say your skin is naturally dry, normal, combination, or oily?

I was previously using benzoly peroxide, which was drying out my skin terribly and not working consistently. I stopped using it for about 10 days before switching to KAVI and was only using moisturizer. I have not been using anything but coral KAVI and Complex P since I started. Most of the new breakouts are coming in close to old breakouts, which is also where I am applying the Complex P. Could it be a reaction to that? I am getting new breakouts almost constantly (new ones when I wake up in the morning and new ones that I notice after I get home for the day that weren't there that morning), even though I only use Complex P at night. Four of the large, painful ones are starting to go away but I got a new one of those during the day yesterday and woke up this morning with 2 new, smaller pimples. Without using any antiseborrheics on my skin, it would probably be incredibly oily. It is very oily while using them but dry and peeling at the same time, so with them, I suppose I have combination skin. I definitely do not want to give up on your products yet!

It's possible the combination of benzoyl peroxide and sulfur from Complex P, coupled with the sulfur and salicylic acid from Coral KAVI, may be overwhelming your skin. Try staying off Complex P for now and see how your skin reacts over the next week. If breakouts subside, that could be the answer. If they don't, switch things around and try Complex P without Coral KAVI: some skin types do not respond well to salicylic acid, in which case it would make sense to try Aqua KAVI, which does not contain salicylic acid. The former (dried out skin) is more likely than the latter (sensitivity to salicylic acid), so it would be better to try isolation in the order suggested above.