KAVI Support Forum

Glycolic peel questions for face and decollete

Guest irene1009

Guest irene1009

Hello,

I have not used home peels before, but would like to start. I recently finished a series of microderms and foto facials (laser) on my face. Does a glycolic peel give similar results to a foto facial? Also, is it recommended to alternate micros with peels?

One more question - I'd also like to try your glycolic peel on my decollete. Would I use a stronger concentration on my chest than on my face?

thanks!

While laser (Intense Pulsed Light, or IPL) and glycolic acid treatment can provide similar results for some skin conditions, their application is not completely interchangeable.

Certain forms of hyperpigmentation (age spots, sun spots, freckles) can be removed painlessly with laser, while wrinkles, uneven pore diameter, acne scarring, and other forms of uneven texture can be more effectively treated with glycolic acid.

Alternating use between laser sessions and glycolic acid peels depends on your treatment goals. Unless your physician feels you need both forms of treatment, it is generally unnecessary.

Glycolic acid may be applied to many regions of the skin, however care needs to be taken near openings (e.g., eyes, nostrils, mouth, etc.) and where skin is thinner or more delicate. For some, skin on the chest is as sensitive as on the face, and glycolic acid concentration should not be increased for treatment.