KAVI Support Forum

Extremely oily skin

jonathan

I have been using Coral Kavi for about a week now, I wash morning and night but usually only apply moisturizer at night(Complex 15). I have previously used benzoyl peroxide for the past 10 years of my life to treat my acne and oily skin. I was really hoping that the Coral Kavi would help reduce my oil production but it seems to be producing more oil then ever before. Could this be because my skin has not yet recovered completely from using benzoyl peroxide for all those years? I stopped using it about a week and half ago a few day before starting the Coral Kavi. Also, should I always be moisturizing after I wash with Coral Kavi or is it ok to go without? And what are you views on using complex 15 as a moisturizer with your products?

10 years is a long time to be treating skin with benzoyl peroxide. It may take several weeks or longer for your skin to adjust to a more temperate regimen. During this time, avoid cleansing more than twice a day and give your skin time. You may wish to hold off on moisturizing for the first week or two if the oil becomes bothersome. We can't comment on other brands, but if Complex 15 has been moisturizing and non-comedogenic on your skin, then it would be sensible to test its compatibility with Coral KAVI to determine whether the combination works for your skin.

If you have the time, write back in a month and let us know how things are going for you.

• 1 year later...

Oily skin is caused by over-active glands. It's also caused by hormonal imbalance, heredity, weather conditions, diet, pregnancy, comedogenic products or incorrect cleansing. You should always use "non-comedogenic" or "oil-free" products and cosmetics on oily skin. So use a cleanser designed for oily skin and then follow up with a toner, which helps remove excess oils. There are over-the-counter brands such as Neutrogena or Clearasil that may help control oily skin problems. If your skin feels tight from using these products, opt for an oil-free moisturizer. It will soften your skin and won't clog your pores.