KAVI Support Forum

20 vs. 30, compared with other products that start at 10, 12.5

Guest Multifarious5

Guest Multifarious5

I am 30, fair-skinned and have very, very fine lines. I want to start with a gentle yet EFFECTIVE peel. Some sites say start with 12.5, but your peels start at 20, and you actually recommend 30.

I like your site and want to go with your product, but I don't know if I should go with a 20 or a 30. I want wrinkles diminished, pores reduced, but at 30, my aging is not showing except on close inspection. Will 30 be too rough?

Glycolic acid peels can be characterized by concentration, pH, and preparation. Details on these differences can be found online at http://www.kaviskin.com/pages.php?pageid=8.

KAVI exfoliation masks are made for skin care professionals for use at spas, skin care centers, and physicians' offices. The range for professional use is typically between 20% and 70%.

For home use, 20% or 30% (buffered) is sufficiently safe and effective for most anti-aging treatment plans and skin types. Statistically, we have observed a 95% success rate with KAVI Glycolic Acid 30 on facial skin for the prescribed indications (acne scarring, dead skin buildup, wrinkles, large pores). Of the remaining 5%, 2.5% found treatment with KAVI Glycolic Acid 30 (buffered) to be inconclusive, and 2.5% chose not to complete treatment before moving to a weaker concentration.