KAVI Support Forum

start using glycolic acid on chest and back with 40% or 50%

Guest kornkku

Guest kornkku

i have acne and scar on the body.i've been thinking about start using glycolic acid to peel the skin on the back and chest to remove the scar. well,should i start with 40% or 50%?. i've never peel body skin before but i usually use 5% retinal and 10% benzoyl cream and cleanser for treat the acne and scar. i think i might go for 50%. is that too strong for me? can you recommend me which one is the best for me. and can you tell me how the skin look like during the peeling stage.

thank you

While KAVI Glycolic Acid 30 is the strongest peel we recommend for initial use on the face, body skin is thicker and typically can tolerate a stronger peel, such as KAVI Glycolic Acid 40.

It is difficult to ascertain whether Glycolic Acid 50 will be an appropriate initial strength, and you are advised to consult with a medical professional first if you wish to begin with something stronger than 40%.

Because retail preparations of KAVI Glycolic Acid are buffered to a pH of 2.1, dead skin and cellular debris will exfoliate safely and will not extend beneath the upper layers of the epidermis.