KAVI Support Forum

Acne Scarring

Guest Dee

I have acne scars (brownish, reddish pigmentations) on my cheeks and chin and have been searching for some type of formula to reduce its appearance. I've read about your AHA BHA peels. Please help me to find which would best suit my condition. Also, how long would it be for me to see results. Thank you so much for your help. I truly appreciate it.

Both our AHA and BHA masks will help exfoliate skin, however the differences between the two are primarily that glycolic acid will help accelerate skin regeneration and salicylic acid will help unclog pores.

If your skin is no longer getting new acne infections, KAVI Glycolic 30 would be a better choice for you. As your skin adjusts to regular exfoliation, you can opt for a stronger strength in the future.

If you are still getting new acne infections, KAVI Salicylic 8 will exfoliate damaged skin and neutralize new infections before they get too large.

Both AHA and BHA masks will temporarily reduce pore diameter for more consistent skin texture and to help keep dirt, oil, and acne out.

If you use any of our peels, please be sure to apply our SPF 30 lotion to protect exfoliated skin from the sun. KAVI SPF 30 will also moisturize your skin as well as even tone.

Depending on your skin type, you would also benefit from our soaps (Aqua for combination or Coral for oily) or Glycolic Cleanser 10 (for dry skin).

• 2 months later...

Hi I just ordered salicylic and glycolic acid peels from KAVI and I was wondering if it's alright to alternate usage between the two or if there are any added benefits to doing so?

It is perfectly ok to alternate usage between AHA and BHA masks, however you want to ensure you don't exceed one exfoliation session per week in total. In other words, you could apply the AHA mask on odd weeks and the BHA mask on even weeks.

As for benefits to applying both masks, it depends on the condition you're treating. In general, both glycolic and salicylic acid will exfoliate, however glycolic acid will accelerate skin regeneration and salicylic acid will help to keep pores clean. For more details on the differences between the two peels, please click on http://www.kaviskin.com/pages.php?pageid=10.