KAVI Support Forum

KAVI Salicylic Acid peel 8%

Guest NS

I would like to purchase the salicylic acid 8% peel, but I'm unsure if it will be too strong for my face. My dermatologist was going to do the same peel, but at a costly price. My skin is already sensitive. So my question , is this a good peel for sensitive skin. I do have slight acne with acne scars that I would like to get rid of.

KAVI Salicylic Acid 8 may in fact be too strong for you if you have sensitive skin. One way to diminish the acid's impact would be to reduce the application time. A typical interval requires the acid to remain in contact with the skin for 60 - 90 seconds. For sensitive skin, you could reduce the interval to 20 - 60 seconds, keeping closer to 20 seconds at first to gauge your skin's reaction.

Alternatively, if you would like to go with something milder, Coral KAVI soap contains 3% salicylic acid. Using Coral KAVI in conjunction with KAVI Glycolic Acid 20 might be an alternative approach to reducing acne breakouts and smoothing fine scarring without inflaming your skin.

Either approach would be a good starting point, although you will have more flexibility with Salicylic Acid 8, since you will be able to extend the application time if your skin is tolerant to the acid.

• 1 month later...

im currently using kavi salicylic acid 8 and i love it. i have a few questions tho. will leaving the peel on for say 3 minutes be more effective than say a minute and a half? is it ok to leave in for a few more minutes than the time it says on the bottle? i leave it on my face for 3 minutes with no problems atall. is this ok to do since my face can tolerate it? also, i noticed with this peel, there is no peeling of the skin like there was when i used a 20% peel. is this normal for a 8% solution?

Leaving KAVI Salicylic Acid on the skin for longer than the prescribed time can increase overall comedolysis and keratolysis but at the risk of inflammation and irritation. Many skin types will burn if salicylic acid is left on the skin for longer than 90 seconds.

With KAVI Salicylic Acid, exfoliated skin will peel in small clusters. Estheticians can see these clusters in the post-peel rinse, however it is not typical for dead skin to peel directly from the body after exfoliation.