KAVI Support Forum

Sigh. I need help

Pongsona

Hello. I'm a 23 year old college student, and I've had acne for almost 10 years now. I've pretty much tried every product except accutane and nothing has really worked on my skin -- at least not for a long period of time. I used to have very oily skin, but after using Benzaclin for almost a year my skin gets dry very easily (but it can get oily at times as well). Benzaclin worked wonders for me for a couple of months, but it became less and less effective as time went on. It dried out my skin so much, my skin developed eczema, and my skin no longer reacts well to any product with benzoyl peroxide. I've met with dermatologists many times and they prescribed me with different pills, but nothing has really worked.

Now, I've read many positive reviews on acne.org regarding KAVI products so I decided to give it a try. This June, I ordered Anti-Acne System for Oily and Combination Skin (System 4). For about first 2-3 weeks, it worked AMAZINGLY and my skin cleared up. I was so happy because I thought to myself.. I've finally found an acne product that works. From there everything went downhill. I started having breakouts around my jawline and painful cysts all over my cheeks. I figured Coral KAVI was too strong for my skin so I switched to Aqua Kavi, but didn't see huge difference in breakouts. Now, I don't even use the toner because I feel like it's causing even more breakouts. I still use Hyaluronic Acid 95 and SPF 30, but my acne is still in a bad condition. I've been using KAVI products for almost 2 months now, and except for the first few weeks, my acne actually got worse. I'm just not sure where to go from here..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like your regimen needs some minor tuning to get your skin back on track. Breakouts along the jawline are symptomatic of dryness and can spread if their root causes are not addressed. Your first step should be to eliminate Aqua or Coral KAVI from your daily routine for the next couple of weeks to give your skin a chance to flush out the antiseborrheics and recover from the dryness. Skip Salicylic Acid 15 for the next two weeks as well, but continue with the Toner once per evening after cleansing with water. Continue as well with Hyaluronic Acid 95 and SPF 30 as often as needed to keep your skin moisturized.

After a two week hiatus, consider introducing Aqua KAVI in the mornings and the Organic Sulfur Suspension every other evening (cleansing with water followed by the Toner before application of the suspension). Try that routine for two weeks and monitor your skin's response. You can make a determination whether to stay the course, or increase/decrease treatment based on what you are seeing:

Outcome A New acne in the T-Zone but none along the jawline may be indicative that an increase in treatment may be beneficial.

Outcome B No new acne in the T-Zone and none along the jawline may be indicative that your current regimen is just right.

Outcome C No new acne along the T-Zone and new breakouts along the jawline may be indicative that your current regimen is too strong.

Give the above approach a try and let us know your findings in the coming weeks.

It sounds like your regimen needs some minor tuning to get your skin back on track. Breakouts along the jawline are symptomatic of dryness and can spread if their root causes are not addressed. Your first step should be to eliminate Aqua or Coral KAVI from your daily routine for the next couple of weeks to give your skin a chance to flush out the antiseborrheics and recover from the dryness. Skip Salicylic Acid 15 for the next two weeks as well, but continue with the Toner once per evening after cleansing with water. Continue as well with Hyaluronic Acid 95 and SPF 30 as often as needed to keep your skin moisturized.

After a two week hiatus, consider introducing Aqua KAVI in the mornings and the Organic Sulfur Suspension every other evening (cleansing with water followed by the Toner before application of the suspension). Try that routine for two weeks and monitor your skin's response. You can make a determination whether to stay the course, or increase/decrease treatment based on what you are seeing:

Outcome A New acne in the T-Zone but none along the jawline may be indicative that an increase in treatment may be beneficial.

Outcome B No new acne in the T-Zone and none along the jawline may be indicative that your current regimen is just right.

Outcome C No new acne along the T-Zone and new breakouts along the jawline may be indicative that your current regimen is too strong.

Give the above approach a try and let us know your findings in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your kind reply. I have one question.

Should I cleanse my face with water for the next two weeks? If not, are there any products you recommend?

Hello. I just read under specifications for KAVI Organic Sulfur Suspension, one of the contraindications is dry skin. I would like to think I have dry skin, so would this product be optimal for my skin type? Also you said I should use Aqua KAVI in the mornings after a two week hiatus. Would KAVI DermaWash be a good subsitute for Aqua Kavi?

Dry skin being listed as a contraindication would mean that the product is not suitable for those with naturally dry skin or those who have developed dry skin temporarily from the use of antiseborrheics to treat a given skin condition. It would be best to limit use of the suspension to your T-Zone initially to see how your skin responds to treatment before expanding to a larger coverage area.

DermaWash contains milder cleansing ingredients than Aqua KAVI but the same sulfur potency, so it would be better for dry or sensitive skin than Aqua KAVI, albeit more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. It's been more than two weeks since I stopped cleaning my face with Aqua Kavi. I ordered DermaWash, Organic Sulfur Suspension, and Glycolipidic Moisturizer. How should my regimen look like? Like you adviced, I'm thinking about using DermaWash every morning and Toner every night. I purchased Glycolipidic Moisturizer because when I washed my face with Aqua Kavi, SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 95 wasn't enough to moisturize my skin. How should I incorporate Glycolipidic Moisturizer with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 95? Lastly, I told you I have dry skin and one of the contraindications for Sulfur Suspension is dry skin, so how much should I apply?

Thank you.

Here is one regimen you may wish to begin with:

Mornings

Cleanse with DermaWash.

Hydrate with Hyaluronic Acid 95 followed by the Glycolipidic Moisturizer (allow 3 minutes between serums for proper absorption).

Days

Protect and moisturize with SPF 30 as needed throughout day.

Evenings

Cleanse with water, followed by Toner.

Hydrate every other night with Hyaluronic Acid 95 followed by the Glycolipidic Moisturizer (allow 3 minutes between serums for proper absorption).

Repair with the Organic Sulfur Suspension on nights when not immediately applying Hyaluronic Acid 95 and the Glycolipidic Moisturizer. If skin feels dry, wash off suspension 30-60 minutes after application (with water only) and then proceed with Hyaluronic Acid 95 and the Glycolipidic Moisturizer.

Based on your skin's response to the above, you may need to increase/decrease use of the antiseborrheic components of your regimen to better suit your skin.