KAVI Support Forum

Regimen Advice

cp21

Hello, I am new to Kavi and i just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

First, I am interested in trying some your products, but am also somewhat unsure of which ones would prove beneficial for me. I am more interested in prevention of acne than treatment at this point. I have normal/combination skin, i tend to be oilier in my T-Zone and drier around my cheeks and mouth. I don't break out too often at the moment, but when i do occasionally suffer from break outs, it's mostly on my forehead, although i get a rare pimple in various other areas as well. Based on this, what products would you recommend?

Also, I have been using a drug store cleanser with 2% Salicylic acid (St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea); does this count as an acne treatment product and should i discontinue use for sometime before i start using Kavi products?

Finally, is Hyaluronic acid better suited for more mature skin? I've often seen it included in anti-aging products, which i have heard, if used too early, could actually damage younger skin. I'm 20 years old, would the Hyaluronic 95 moisturizer be appropriate for me?

Thanks so much, and i apologize for all the questions.

Maintaining a healthy pH on the surface of your skin can by itself be a significant preventive measure against new acne formation. Additionally, depending on your skin type, controlling dead skin buildup can help reduce comedone formation and subsequent acne infection. For a cleanser, we would recommend a mild anti-bacterial, such as DermaWash. It will help balance your skin's pH and control free acne on the surface of the skin. A mild astringent, such as the KAVI Toner or the St. Ives product you are currently using, can provide a mild rate of keratolysis to control dead skin buildup and also help your pores stay clean. If you find it insufficient, a weekly peel with KAVI Salicylic Acid 8 can help exfoliate more dead skin as well as clear your pores of acne, cellular debris, and environmental buildup (e.g., residual makeup, lotions, etc.).

There are no side effects to using hyaluronic acid on younger skin, though you may find its effects to be more beneficial in a few years. Everyone's skin is different, however, and any stated starting age would be a very general one for most: for some, genetics and the rate of exposure to the elements may precipitate the effects of premature aging as early as 25 (in which case we would recommend starting a few years earlier) or as late as 45.

Generally speaking, those with oily skin tend to fare better with age than those with normal or dry skin. The excess sebum serves as a very effective humectant from an early age and slows the onset of wrinkles, age spots, and other signs of aging. Though that oil may not be very helpful in the early years when it's a leading cause of acne, it becomes an invaluable ally later in life and one to emulate in the form of high-impact hydration serums like Hyaluronic Acid 95 and the Glycolipidic Moisturizer for those whose skin does not produce enough natural protection.