KAVI Support Forum

Best products for my skin

Sara

I am contemplating trying Kavi products after reading some reviews.

I am 42 years old, blonde with fair, senstitive skin. I suffer from occasional breakouts, maybe one or 2 pimples every few weeks (but they take a long time to disappear), and have some issues with blackheads around my nose and bumps (whiteheads?) on my forehead. I have enlarged pores, and my skin tone and texture is uneven. I would say my skin is "normal" - it may veer more towards dry than oily. I have had some success lately using cleansers with the Olay Pro-X brush on my face in keeping my pores clean (but they are still enlarged).

After looking at your site, I thought the Anti Acne System for Normal/Dry Skin might be appropriate, but I certainly do not suffer from severe acne. I was looking at System II but wasn't sure if the E. Retinol would be better than the Salicylic Acid 8 for my skin type. I also wants sure if one of the cleansing bars would be more suitable, or of I should try the Glycolic Cleanser or DermaWash.

My goal is better skin texture, and clean, minmized pores.

Thank you!

From your description, the Anti-Acne System II for Normal/Dry Skin would be the best system with which to start, however if you are concerned about drying out your skin with the Pearl KAVI cleansing bar, you could build a more customized system to address your treatment goals. Here is one regimen that you may wish to consider:

Cleanser

Glycolic Cleanser 10 - use twice daily; suitable for anti-aging applications on dry skin.

Toner - use once per evening as a final-stage cleanser; suitable for anti-acne applications on normal skin.

Repair

Enhanced Retinol 0.30% - apply up to twice daily; suitable for anti-aging and anti-acne applications on normal skin.

Hydration

Hyaluronic Acid 95 - apply up to twice daily; suitable for anti-aging applications on normal skin. On dry skin, consider the Glycolipidic Moisturizer, and on acutely dry skin, consider coupling the serums (Hyaluronic Acid 95 applied first, followed 3-5 minutes thereafter with the Glycolipidic Moisturizer).

If you are interested in a more intensive approach to treating inconsistent tone and texture, you may wish to include a glycolic peel in your regimen. Glycolic peels are typically applied once per week, and we would advise reducing your use of Enhanced Retinol 0.30% to once per day should you decide to introduce a peel into the mix (on peel days, you may wish to skip retinol application altogether to avoid irritation). In selecting a peel strength, most find 30% to be a suitable starting concentration (those with sensitive skin should begin with a 20% concentration).