KAVI Support Forum

Need Advice on Salicylic Adic

hush

Hi, I need advice what is right for me.

I have mild / moderate acne but I would also like to get rid of older scars/dark spots from previous acne, I use Benzaclyin for spot treatment which works mostly and I have used pills in the past that stop working after time. I used accutane many years ago it dried my skin but later had it looking smooth and got rid of the acne and the marks. My skin is slightly sensitive also.

Would KAVI Salicylic Acid 8 help me?

Thanks.

Salicylic Acid 8 alone can provide relief from recurring acne, however you may find you need additional treatment throughout the week (since Salicylic Acid 8 can be applied only once every seven days). If a medicated anti-acne cleanser (such as Aqua or Coral KAVI) sounds like too much, a low-pH cleanser such as the KAVI Glycolic Cleanser 10 can ensure your skin's pH levels remain low when cleansing and thereby at least keep acne bacterial populations under control. If you would like to introduce some mild treatment into your daily routine, the KAVI Toner may be used in conjunction with the Glycolic Cleanser 10 once per evening.

For mild scarring, Salicylic Acid 8 will provide some desquamation of the epidermis, however, you may find that Glycolic Acid 30 or 40 may yield better results over time (though it will do far less than salicylic acid for new acne infections).

Salicylic Acid 8 alone can provide relief from recurring acne, however you may find you need additional treatment throughout the week (since Salicylic Acid 8 can be applied only once every seven days). If a medicated anti-acne cleanser (such as Aqua or Coral KAVI) sounds like too much, a low-pH cleanser such as the KAVI Glycolic Cleanser 10 can ensure your skin's pH levels remain low when cleansing and thereby at least keep acne bacterial populations under control. If you would like to introduce some mild treatment into your daily routine, the KAVI Toner may be used in conjunction with the Glycolic Cleanser 10 once per evening.

For mild scarring, Salicylic Acid 8 will provide some desquamation of the epidermis, however, you may find that Glycolic Acid 30 or 40 may yield better results over time (though it will do far less than salicylic acid for new acne infections).

Great thanks for the help. I will try either the Salicylic Acid 8 or Glycolic Acid 40 and I will also try the Coral KAVI

I have another question, do either of these acids lighten the regular color of my skin? I Have brown skin and I don't want my face skin to be paler than the rest of my skin.

• 2 months later...