KAVI Support Forum

Transition from Benzoyl Peroxide to Coral Kavi

g5tran

Hey guys,

I noticed that the support on this forum has been great from the Kavi team, so I was hoping someone could help me with a few quick questions. I'm currently on Daniel Kern's regimen from Acne.org, which mainly consists of a BP 2.5% gel that I use once a day. It's supposed to be used twice a day but I don't like sweating with BP on in the morning, as it does bleach clothes, so I only use it at night currently.

1. Would it be effective to use Coral Kavi in the morning and then the BP treatment at night?

2. I read here that people are transitioning to Coral Kavi because BP has premature aging effects. If I switch to Coral Kavi, is the two week break from treatment necessary?(I break out pretty fast without treatment)

3. When switching to Coral Kavi permanently, what effect would stopping treatment have? I know Coral Kavi makes your skin very dry with 1-2 washes a day. If you use it for awhile then discontinue use, will your skin go back to normal function or would there most likely be after effects like excess oil production?

Thanks!

Some answers to your questions...

(1) This combination should be effective, however, if you are currently using only the BP 2.5% gel in the evenings, adding Coral KAVI to your mornings will significantly increase your treatment frequency which may in turn lead to irritation.

(2) The need for the 2-week hiatus is to avoid compounding treatment during the transition. If you don't give your body an opportunity to metabolize the prior treatment before starting a new one, you may overwhelm your skin and sustain a period of inflammation, dryness, and irritation. Those with naturally oily skin tend to require less time between treatment cycles than those with normal or dry skin.

(3) Cleansers without Coral KAVI's pH-balancing attributes can induce the body to produce more sebum as a means of correcting pH. Discontinuing use of Coral KAVI should not have an adverse effect on your skin more so than with what you replace Coral KAVI. If you switch to an alkaline soap bar, then you may likely observe that your skin is getting oily more often than when you were using Coral KAVI.