KAVI Support Forum

Peel Timing?

mrjoshua

Hi there. I was wondering if you could help me out. I've used a 10% salicylic peel in the past but the instructions were similar to how to use a glycolic peel i.e. start out at 60 secs and increase by 1 minute each peel. I was wondering why your salicylic peels are only to be used for a very short period of time?

Thanks for any answers you can give me.

Our salicylic acid peels are unbuffered and prepared in an alcohol base to achieve an optimal rate of comedolysis and desquamation. As such, their contact intensity is far greater than alternative gel-based preparations. To avoid inflammation, our salicylic acid peels should not be left on the skin for longer than 90 seconds (60 seconds for most applications). When used as a spot treatment over a very small diameter, however, there is no need to remove the application.

In contrast, we have been able to formulate our glycolic acid peels in a gel format without affecting potency. In a gel format, KAVI glycolic acid burns less than preparations in an alcohol base without compromising the rate of keratolysis or absorption into the skin.

Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah the peel i used before was more of a gel consistency.

I guess i may as well ask here instead of starting a new thread. I'm debating which of your systems to buy. I'd say my skin is fairly dry, likely from years of using benzoyl peroxide, which i feel has really done a number on my skin. I have a lot of clogged pores, blackheads, some minor acne and tons of redmarks.

I was thinking of getting the system 3 for normal or dry skin. Do you think this would be the best way to get my pores and breakouts under control before i begin to worry about the redmarks?

Thanks again for the helpful advice, it's greatly appreciated.

BP cannot permanently change how much oil your skin produces, and any dryness resulting from its use will recede over time. This fact, however, does not preclude starting with a milder course of treatment when considering KAVI products. The Anti-Acne System III is a popular regimen for first-time users, and the Normal/Dry series may be the right choice for you, especially if your skin is currently dry without the use of any oral or topical antiseborrheics. In that system, the Toner and Salicylic Acid 8 are the primary forms of treatment for clogged pores and blackheads, and you may want to consider using Salicylic Acid 8 as a spot treatment for the more stubborn comedones you encounter.