KAVI Support Forum

Can't tell if skin is dry or peeling?

Chris.

Hello,

So here is my problem:

During the week (Mon-Fri), I use Dermawash in the morning's then I apply some SPF 30 lotion.

In the evenings, I use the Aqua Kavi, then I apply some SPF 30 lotion.

I use Salicyclic Acid 15% once a week, on Saturday evening, & then I apply some SPF 30 lotion.

The problem? My skin seems dry or flaky, even after applying the SPF 30 lotion, it's noticeable around my chin/mouth area (where there isn't a whole lot of acne).

Sometime's I'll use more SPF 30 and that seem's to help it, but then that means I'll run out of SPF 30 faster!! lol

I use approx. a nickel sized amount of SPF 30, I rub it against my hands, then apply it on my face. But I find I have to do this twice/three time's to help the dryness/flakiness.

What could cause this? What product should I stop using? What product should I maybe look into purchasing?

Thank You.

To determine whether you are peeling from Salicylic Acid 15 or from dryness, consider the following questions:

1. Are you applying the mask where you are currently peeling?

2. Is most of the peeling occurring within 72 hours of application of the mask?

If the answers to the questions above are yes, it is likely that you are peeling from use of Salicylic Acid 15. If areas such as your chin/mouth do not have much acne and hence no need for the peel, you may wish to exclude those areas from application to avoid any potential irritation.

If the answers to one or more of the above are no, then we would advise no further application of Salicylic Acid 15 to said areas and for your cleansing routine to be reduced for a couple of weeks to see if peeling and/or dryness continues (e.g., cleanse only once per day using DermaWash, cutting out Aqua KAVI). Continue moisturizing with SPF30, applying as often as needed.

To determine whether you are peeling from Salicylic Acid 15 or from dryness, consider the following questions:

1. Are you applying the mask where you are currently peeling?

2. Is most of the peeling occurring within 72 hours of application of the mask?

If the answers to the questions above are yes, it is likely that you are peeling from use of Salicylic Acid 15. If areas such as your chin/mouth do not have much acne and hence no need for the peel, you may wish to exclude those areas from application to avoid any potential irritation.

If the answers to one or more of the above are no, then we would advise no further application of Salicylic Acid 15 to said areas and for your cleansing routine to be reduced for a couple of weeks to see if peeling and/or dryness continues (e.g., cleanse only once per day using DermaWash, cutting out Aqua KAVI). Continue moisturizing with SPF30, applying as often as needed.

I believe I figured out what it was, I think my skin was "sun burned", I noticed this when the skin on my chin (and around my chin) would peel off and it was lighter than the rest (around my cheeks).

To solve this, I used the Aqua Kavi & a soft sponge, this one to be exact:

200.JPG

^^ I used the black side and I applied the Aqua Kavi to my face & some on the sponge, then I scrubbed gently around my cheek's & chin, the sponge seemed to remove the "dead skin" in those areas.

Once I was done, my skin looked lighter, I then applied the SPF 30 and there was no more peeling! The "sun burn" must have been an error on my part. :o

Anyway, I appreciate the help!! I have another quest. now though; Is using the sponge method (as shown above) safe to do on your skin? Gently of course. :)