KAVI Support Forum

SA 8% time?

Chris

What condition(s) are you attempting to treat, and for how long have you been leaving the peel on your skin?

I have blackheads, whiteheads, hyperpigmentation, occasional small to medium cysts . I've been leaving the peel on for the recommended time, 60-90 seconds I think.

Try switching from use as a once-per-week mask to a once-per-day spot treatment over specific pores that have formed blackheads, whiteheads, and cysts. When used as a spot treatment, salicylic acid need no longer be removed, however be sure to not expose a larger diameter than necessary to avoid irritation to healthy tissue surrounding the affected pore.

Salicylic acid is not the proper product for hyperpigmentation. For more information on that skin condition and its treatment options, please have a look here.

Try switching from use as a once-per-week mask to a once-per-day spot treatment over specific pores that have formed blackheads, whiteheads, and cysts. When used as a spot treatment, salicylic acid need no longer be removed, however be sure to not expose a larger diameter than necessary to avoid irritation to healthy tissue surrounding the affected pore.

Salicylic acid is not the proper product for hyperpigmentation. For more information on that skin condition and its treatment options, please have a look here.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay, but the problem is that I almost have no healthy tissue. The whiteheads, blackheads, cysts are all over my face; on my cheeks, nose, above my lip, forehead and neck.

Leaving the peel on for more than 90 seconds yields diminishing benefits. You could consider upwards of three minutes per mask and application twice per week if you deem your skin tolerant, and when the time comes for a re-order, a stronger peel may be appropriate (however if you do increase strength, we would recommend following prescribed directions anew to determine your skin's tolerance to the new concentration before incrementing application length). Please be advised that any deviations from prescribed directions for any of our products are not advised unless otherwise directed by your physician.

Leaving the peel on for more than 90 seconds yields diminishing benefits. You could consider upwards of three minutes per mask and application twice per week if you deem your skin tolerant, and when the time comes for a re-order, a stronger peel may be appropriate (however if you do increase strength, we would recommend following prescribed directions anew to determine your skin's tolerance to the new concentration before incrementing application length). Please be advised that any deviations from prescribed directions for any of our products are not advised unless otherwise directed by your physician.

Okay, thanks for your help.