KAVI Support Forum

Ingrown hairs

Guest Nadia

Guest Nadia

I just can't decide which acid peel is right for me. I've had ingrown hairs on my stomach that have been removed but I still have the scars. I dont know which product will help me out, besides I don't know which concentration I should use since it's on my stomach, and not my face?

If your ingrown hairs have already been removed and you are looking for a solution to help accelerate your skin’s recovery, then glycolic acid will be the best choice. Body skin is thicker and can tolerate a stronger glycolic acid concentration without irritation. For the stomach region, it should be ok to use KAVI Glycolic Acid 40, however we recommend Glycolic Acid 30 closer to bikini lines.

Guest Nadia

Which one of your products do you recommend to get rid of existing ingrown hairs or at least make it easier to remove?

KAVI Salicylic Acid 8 for sensitive skin and Salicylic Acid 15 for everywhere else are great choices for treating ingrown hairs. Salicylic acid will constrict the space inside a pore and eliminate the infection within (if there is one). After several days, ingrown hairs will surface at the pore opening, simplifying extraction.