KAVI Support Forum

Glycolic 10 Cleanser

LightShox

• 11 months later...

I READ THAT PRODUCTS PACKED IN CLEAR BOTTLES LIKE THE GLYCOLIC 10 CLEANSER ALLOW LIGHT TO BREAK DOWN INGREDIENTS LIKE THE ANTIOXIDENTS. WON'T THE LIGHT AFFECT THE VITAMIN A, C, AND E IN THE CLEANSER? MY BATHROOM DOESN'T HAVE A WINDOW, BUT THE LIGHTS IN THERE ARE BRIGHT. I KNOW THE PRODUCTS ARE TESTED FOR EFFECTIVENESS AND I'M CURIOUS TO KNOW HOW LONG THE CLEANSER WILL BE EFFECTIVE ONCE IT'S OPENED. (ALSO, THE FAN IN MY BATHROOM KEEPS THE TEMPERATURE AT A CONSTANT LEVEL AND IT ISN'T HUMID B/C I LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN WHEN THE SHOWER IS RUNNING.)

Light itself does not affect a product so much, but UV rays can have an impact and mostly in the form of discoloration. Large and frequent temperature fluctuations will pose the greatest detriment to the potency of a given product's active ingredients. You needn't worry too much, however: KAVI products require only a reasonable level of care in handling and storage to outlast their published shelf lives.

• 2 months later...

The Detoxifying Cleansing Scrub and the Glycolic Cleanser 10 are very different products. Though they are both suitable for sensitive skin, the former's active ingredients are pomegranate and green tea, and the latter's active ingredient is glycolic acid. The Detoxifying Cleansing Scrub is also mixed with microcrystals that give the cleanser a gritty texture that will help with exfoliation during cleansing.

You are able to use both, but we would advise using them in rotation. For example, you may opt to use the Glycolic Cleanser 10 in the mornings and the Detoxifying Cleansing Scrub in the evenings.