KAVI Support Forum

blackheads

Guest doug

Guest doug

hi, ive been using salicylic acid 15% mask for a few weeks and i havent noticed any difference with my blackheads. theyre still there. why are blackheads so hard to get rid of? i dont know what to do. i tried both the 8% and 15% mask and they really didnt help get rid of my blackheads. what is the next step? after i use the masks, my skin looks great, but it returns to normal a day later and the blackheads are still there.

Blackheads can be a stubborn skin problem, and having determined the correct product to remove them is a significant step in the right direction.

In cases such as yours, where new blackheads form only a day after treatment, it is possible that certain factors are actively contributing to blackhead formation. Such factors may be environmental (e.g., lotions, soaps, pollution, smoke) and/or hormonal (e.g., excess sebum production).

As a next step, you should evaluate what is coming into contact with your skin. Any topicals should be checked to ensure they are non-comedogenic (pore friendly). If possible, you should also avoid tobacco smoke and other airborne debris that could get into your pores.

To complement weekly treatment with KAVI Salicylic Acid masks, you can consider using the KAVI Toner, a pore cleanser, and/or Coral KAVI, a non-comedogenic cleansing bar with 3% salicylic acid that is also very effective in controlling oily skin. Both KAVI Toner and Coral KAVI can be used daily.