KAVI Support Forum

Should I try something different?

hondojazz

Hello!

I am a 22 year old male with a longstanding history of acne dating back to when I was 15 or so. I had effectively managed my acne for the past few years on Dan's Regimen on Acne.org using benzoyl peroxide until about a year ago when my acne started to flare up again. I think the only difference in my life since then has been the addition of a full time job so it's likely that stress is a contributing factor. I regularly exercise, however, so I feel like I manage it pretty feel. My acne is moderate in degree I'd say and it is primarily on my chin, nose, upper lip, and (only within the past year) my anterior neck. I also suffer from mild back acne as well.

Anyways, about 2 months ago, I gave myself a week or 2 off from the acne.org treatment and then I started the Coral Kavi bar. I immediately noticed that my oily skin was less oily, which was nice, but the acne persisted, albeit slightly improved. I tried using only the Coral Kavi and the weekly Salicylic Acid 15 for about a month and then I decided to just use the Anti-Acne System System III. I haven't really noticed any notable improvement since the addition of the new items. My regimen has been:

Coral Kavi 2x per day

Salicylic Acid 8 once per week

Toner once at night

Hyaluronic Acid 95 2x per day

SPF 30 2x per day

What would you recommend at this point? I am considering switching back to the Acne.org regimen but I have heard such great reviews about this product so I wanted to give it a try. I was also wondering how much of the SPF we are we supposed to use at a time. I usually use a quarter's size amount each time to cover my neck and face but it seems like a disproportionate amount because the bottle is only 2 ounces. The SPF seems to get depleted much more quickly than the toner and HA 95 so I wasn't sure if I was maybe using too much.

THANK YOU so much for your help! I look forward to hearing back from you.

One change that you may wish to consider would be to switch use of the KAVI Salicylic Acid from a weekly peel to a daily spot treatment. After cleansing, a small dab with a cotton swab to the affected areas (be sure to not expose healthy tissue surrounding the lesion to the salicylic acid) once per day for two to three days should yield significant improvement to the recovery process.

Regarding SPF30, you should use it sparingly at a dispensing rate equal to or only slightly more than what you employ for the Hyaluronic Acid 95. If you find a different rate of application to be more effective for you, you always have the option of purchasing it separately from the anti-acne systems so as to keep stock between the different products in the system more equivalent.