KAVI Support Forum

Regimen

mcelnp

I broke out awful about a month ago after over-using lemon juice and other natural products. I have acne all over my cheeks, and along my jawline. It has begun to clear, but new ones are still coming up. It is almost entirely cystic so I think it may also be hormonal. I have combo skin, I guess, because my skin is only dry on my cheeks and it's sort of oily on my forehead. I have NEVER had a pimple on my forehead, though, and I'm 19. All my acne is on my cheeks and chin...

I want to give my skin a rest, to heal, because I think it is sensitive now. Also, I need the spots to heal because I don't even know what is acne and what is just red spots/hyper pigmentation..

How does this regimen look?

AM: Mind Cleanser, Spot Treat with KAVI Salicylic Acid 8%, then my current lotion/sunscreen.

PM: Mild Cleanser, Toner, Spot Treat, then moisturize.

Then I was going to do a 8% peel once a week... Most of my face is hyper pigmentation, I think.

I am currently figuring out which products to order to begin my regimen. I already have a mild cleanser in mind (Purpose) and an organic sunscreen that I use. I just need the Salicylic acid and a toner.

I have never used, toner, though, so I don't know if I should try to incorporate it.

Thanks!

That does look like an appropriately gentle regimen for your skin. On days that you will be applying Salicylic Acid 8 as a peel, however, be sure to not also use it as a spot treatment in the morning.

The KAVI Toner is a great pore cleanser that is mild enough for sensitive skin: you shouldn't have any issues with it.

If you would, write back in a few weeks and share your results.

Does the Kavi toner help breakouts? Like if I use a cleanser that doesn't necessarily help the actual acne, Will the toner do the work of what a low grade salicic acid wash would do?I have dry skin so I think through my years if using so much product, my skin is dry and overworked. I still want to keep acne away, though.

In regards to this same thread about my new regimen,

I have active acne but I also have so much hyper pigmentation that I don't know what is acne and what is just discoloration, and I'm sure it looks like I have much more than I do.

I bought the salicylic acid 8% to use once a week to help clear up my chronic cystic acne that I have been getting.

I was wondering, to help more with the pigmentation, can I get the glycolic peel to use every other week? Like will alternating the two make either less effective? They both "help" acne so it seems like I could do both to help. If so, what strength would you recommend? I have used glycolic products before so my skin isn't sensitive to it.

*I have cystic hormonal acne on my cheeks and chin, and that is really all. I don't get many whiteheads. My cheeks are really the only things that break out, and what's left is awful discoloration that makes things look 100 times worse.

I am trying a new regimen:

AM:

Purpose Gentle Cleanser,

Spot Treat (with the salicylic acid),

Lotion/Sunscreen

PM:

Makeup Remover Towelette

Purpose Gentle Cleanser

Tone

Spot Treat (with the salicylic acid)

Lotion

Does this sound suitable for my condition?

Thanks!!

Your revised regimen looks good, although you may want to reconsider spot treating twice daily at the onset since (a) your skin may not require it, and (B) it may lead to irritation. With any anti-acne regimen, it is always best to start with minimal dosages and work your way up as needed.

Regarding post-infection discoloration, there is not much you can do but wait. The discoloration you are observing is really bruising that resulted from the size of the infection within the pore. What you can do to minimize the bruising and consequent heal time is to minimize the size of the infection when it happens. You can do so by spot-treating with salicylic acid. We recommend Salicylic Acid 15 for spot treatments, but if you have sensitive skin or find that Salicylic Acid 8 works well on your skin, there would be no need to move up to the 15% concentration.

Regarding your question about toners, yes, they could cause irritation, but for most they don't. Since you are not compounding treatment with other antiseborrheics, the KAVI Toner should not be problematic for you, but you can determine that definitively only by first trying the product.

Hmm, okay. Yeah right now I am using apple cider vinegar as my toner. I had read that it helped. SO once I get Kavi toner, should I only tone at night? I just don't know when to spot treat, and when to tone. If I only do each once a day. What about this regimen?

AM:

Purpose Gentle Cleanser,

Lotion/Sunscreen

PM:

Makeup Remover Towelette

Purpose Gentle Cleanser

Tone

Spot Treat (with the salicylic acid)

Lotion

Also, as for the marks, will glycolic acid not help? Some of the marks have been there for over a year so I was sure that they are hyper pigmentation.

Thanks!