KAVI Support Forum

Advice with acne System III

Fawkon

I have purchased acne System III and have been using it diligently for about a month. Following instructions to a T. My only deviation is my skin (Strangely enough as it usually seemed quite sensitive when using sebhoric gels e.g differin) does not seem to suffer too much peeling when using the Salicylic Acid 8 so i have upped it to twice a week with no ill effects that I can think of.

Although the system is doing a great job of removing old, ingrained blackheads around my nose I still seem to frequently break out most around my mouth and jawline, also my neck and back. I was wondering should i be seeing results after this amount of time or should I wait longer before coming to any conclusions about my regime? Although the system seems to remove the whiteheads on the spot the redness persists for quite a while afterwards.

Any detailed advice would be appreciated and if more details are needed please ask.

Around your mouth and on your jawline, neck, and back, have you seen any change at all? It would be helpful to know if there has been any improvement or if you have observed any symptoms of dryness (e.g., flaking skin, tightness, inflammation).

Did you purchase the Anti-Acne System III for Oily/Combination Skin or Normal/Dry Skin?

The redness that you mention following the comedolysis of the whiteheads may be post-infection bruising. If so, there is unfortunately little that you can do but wait for the infection site to heal and for the residual blood under the skin to be resorbed by the body.

At this time, it would not be advisable to reduce your treatment intervals or otherwise strengthen your regimen in the pursuit of more significant results. You may be better served to determine the root cause of your continued breakouts, be it diet, hormonal, or an exposure to a comedogenic or pH-altering substance (e.g., general-purpose moisturizers, high-alkalinity clothing detergents, etc.).

There is not much that can be done about bruising after the fact, but taking the right preventive measures by way of your current regimen can minimize the severity of new infections and consequently reduce post-infection recovery time.

At this time, it would not be advisable to reduce your treatment intervals or otherwise strengthen your regimen in the pursuit of more significant results. You may be better served to determine the root cause of your continued breakouts, be it diet, hormonal, or an exposure to a comedogenic or pH-altering substance (e.g., general-purpose moisturizers, high-alkalinity clothing detergents, etc.).

There is not much that can be done about bruising after the fact, but taking the right preventive measures by way of your current regimen can minimize the severity of new infections and consequently reduce post-infection recovery time.

Thank you for the swift response. I do not use any other products on my skin other than the Kavi ones. Any advice on how i would go about getting to the root cause of my acne? I have been to a General Practitioner many times who seem to know little about it and have prescribed me products like Differin, Tetralysal and Durac gel. My acne is not too severe but i do get cystic acne on my back but never on my face.

In addition to what has been recommended above, you may want to look into frequently changing your pillow cases and sleepwear. Changing out pillow cases and pajamas daily can make a significant difference in the rate of new breakouts for some. Be sure to wash everything with a pH-neutral cleanser, and to keep costs down, consider purchasing a set of pillow cases and sleepwear to last you the week. This routine can be particularly beneficial to those with oily skin, since cotton can absorb a large amount of sebum and, when pressed against the skin for extended periods of time throughout the night, increase the probability of comedone formation and acne infection.