KAVI Support Forum

no effect from glyoolic 30% peel

Guest Carol L

Guest Carol L

I bought gycloid acid peel 30%. No reaction. No burn. No nothing. It may not be strong enough for my skin type. How often should I use this. Should I expect a peel? I have no peel effect. Should I return this glycolic peel 30 for a 40%? Pls reply.

Your skin is in fact peeling and the exfoliated matter may be observed in the post-peel rinse. You certainly should not expect a peel akin to a moderate sunburn, which would indicate that the strength you are using is too strong for your skin. Peels should be applied once per week, and results are typically the most noticeable the morning after a peel. Skin should appear smoother and more consistent in texture as early as after the first peel. Improvements to tone (age spots, etc.) may take as long as ten to twelve weeks.

There are a number of posts on our forum with similar questions. You can search for the word “peeling” to be taken to the search results.

• 2 weeks later...

We would be happy to exchange Glycolic Acid 30 for Glycolic Acid 40 for you, however there is another option available to you too. Because our retail glycolic acid strengths can be mixed with each other at home to customize the concentration, you may also consider purchasing our strongest retail product, such as Glycolic Acid 60, and together with Glycolic Acid 30, prepare your own strengths. Here are some examples of what you can do:

2 parts Glycolic Acid 30 and 1 part Glycolic Acid 60 = 40% strength.

1 part Glycolic Acid 30 and 1 part Glycolic Acid 60 = 45% strength.

1 part Glycolic Acid 30 and 2 parts Glycolic Acid 60 = 50% strength.

Solutions can be prepared on a clean surface. A contact lens holder is ideal for one-use preparations. Of course, you would not want to use the lens holder for your lenses unless the holder were thoroughly cleaned of any residual acid.

If you would still prefer to obtain a 40% strength from us, send us an email at support@kaviskin.com and we will issue an RMA for the exchange.

• 1 year later...