KAVI Support Forum

Products

Guest LynnT

I have ordered c complex and hylauronic acid and I don't know how to use either one of them. Do I use them both daily? they sound like they basically have the same ingredients, so using both daily seemed like a waste. Lynn

PS Will it hurt my skin to use these products along with retin a? What is the purpose of the c complex and the hylauronic acid ? Are they used as moisturizers?

To answer your questions:

(1) Complex C and Hyaluronic Acid 75 can be used together to treat wrinkles and dry skin, respectively. The instructions for use are indeed as simple as we describe on the website and on the bottle. After cleansing (removal of dirt, oil, and makeup), apply a thin layer to the skin using your fingertip or an applicator. If you opt to use both products simultaneously, please use KAVI Hyaluronic Acid 75 first, wait 15 minutes and then complete with KAVI Complex C.

(2) Complex C and Hyaluronic Acid 75 do use a lot of the same stabilizing ingredients (e.g., glycerin and methylisothiazolinone), but the active ingredients do vary. Complex C is formulated with palmitoyl tripeptide 3, glycosaminoglycans, and hyaluronic acid. Complex C will directly help with lifting wrinkles, and since dehydration is a major factor in the appearance of lines, we wanted to ensure Complex C would also hydrate the skin. Hyaluronic Acid 75 contains 75% hyaluronic acid, far more than Complex C. For those cases where maximum hydration is required, we wanted to develop a product which does just that and isn't concerned with complex anti-aging processes.

(3) Use of Complex C and Hyaluronic Acid 75 in conjunction with Retin-A will be ok (no contraindications).

Thank you for your detailed information. It helped a lot. I did forget to ask you if you put the complex c and the hyaluronic acid around the eye area (eye lid and underneath)?

Another question: If I only want to use one product for my face and my main goal is reducing wrinkles and age spots and hydrating which would you recommend: the complex c or hyaluronic acid?

Thanks,

Lynn

Complex C is the best all-in-one product for reducing wrinkles and hydrating the skin. To lift age spots, you would need to use an exfoliator like Glycolic Acid 40. If you've never used a peel before, we recommend starting with Glycolic Acid 20 or 30 first to test your skin's sensitivity. You can find detailed instructions for using glycolic peels at http://www.kaviskin.com/pages.php?pageid=17 and http://www.kaviskin.com/help.php?section=FAQ#ga-proc.