KAVI Support Forum

Transition to Kavi Products

mparvare

I have just ordered Kavi Coral, Salicylic 8, and SPF 50 and am expecting to receive them tomorrow. I had previously been using a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide wash on my face to keep the acne under control (whitehead, blackheads, and some cyst-like acne). The BP was making my skin pretty dry (tight, flaky skin) so I stopped using it about 4 days ago, and while my skin is a bit more oily, it seems to be surprisingly more clear than it was when using the wash. It seems that the dryness was contributing to the acne. I am afraid that the Coral bar will dry out the skin on my face similarly to the 10% BP wash, but I also plan on using it to cleanse my chest, shoulders, and back since that is where my acne is more prominent and severe. Would you suggest that I only use it on my body first to see how my skin reacts to it and then use it for my face?

It seems that the dryness was contributing to the acne.

Yes, that is in all likelihood true, and you are prudent to wish to not replicate that outcome with KAVI products. The face tends to produce more oil than the upper body, and the upper body tends to produce more oil than the lower region of the body, so your best option would be to take a moderate approach to your overall regimen regardless of region.

Start with a cleanse once every other day and determine from there whether you need to increase or decrease cleansing intervals. On one side of the spectrum, we have Coral KAVI customers who cleanse their faces once every other day and their back and chest once per week. On the other end, we have customers who cleanse their faces three times per day and their back and chest up to twice per day.