KAVI Support Forum

Glycolic acid peel 50%

Guest Madalena

Guest Madalena

I have used your glycolic acid peel three times since I received it approximately two weeks ago, however I haven't seen any noticeable peeling. Please advise.

Hi Madalena,

Your skin should never peel in sheaths with use of our home products. Peels which remove that much skin in one session can only be administered by a dermatologist who has the necessary neutralizing agents to counter a nonbuffered formulation of our glycolic acid.

Our retail peels are designed to dissolve the bonds between dead skin cells such that they slough off gradually and safely. And every formulation of our glycolic acid promotes collagen regeneration and reduces pore size to enhance one's appearance.

For more information, please refer to http://www.kaviskin.com/pages.php?pageid=17 and http://www.kaviskin.com/pages.php?pageid=8.

Your skin is in fact peeling in flakes that wash off in the shower. By now you should have noticed your skin is softer and smoother than before.

To help accelerate the process, you may wish to use a loofah sponge in the bath. However, one thing we must note is that you shouldn't use KAVI Glycolic 50 more than once a week. You need to give your skin enough time to generate new cells to make up for the accelerated exfoliation on the surface.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Madalena

I have used your skin peel product about three or four times and I am noticing a difference now. However, I lightly scrubbed my chest area because I thought it needed a little help. I have a couple of what I think are "brown age spots" (good heavens, not me!). One of the spots ended up blistering kind of like a cold sore would, but the rest of my chest looks much better and the other two brown spots I think are lighter, but this one made me nervous. It's been about a week now and I think it is starting to go down, however, it's still there somewhat. Any thoughts?

Guest Madalena

I did see my physician. It was not an open or healing wound. It was an "age spot." My physician stated it was a rash and it is improving. Thank you for responding.